Monkeys! baby quilt and more....

Cary (my son) and Stephanie are expecting a baby, due in November.  Making me a Grandma! Yay! I'm very excited and of course will be making a baby quilt(s).  They are preparing the baby room and found themselves at JoAnn Fabrics, buying fabric for the nursery.  You could've knocked me over with a feather....my eldest son at JoAnns!  Anyway, after staring at monkey fabric for a few days this is what I came up with...


The quilt measures 60x72".  I drew the Monkeys and appliqued them with a machine blanket stitch...they still need eyes but I think they turned out pretty darn cute! :)   I bought 12ft of rick rack, wouldn't you know it wasn't enough?!....ugh! back to the store.

My next project is a wedding gift for my niece, Michelle.  I like the Lakota Indian tradition of giving Lone Star quilts to celebrate special occasions.  I've always wanted to make a Lone Star and now I have the perfect reason (excuse) for doing so.  In searching I found Jenny Beyer's Star Sapphire quilt and ordered her fabrics online for this pattern.  I'm very excited to get started, the fabrics are stunning!



Unfortunately my homestead is in a state of chaos! And before I get going on something new I have some housekeeping to do.  A few weeks ago I held a garage sale and sold two large antique sideboards and several tables.  I'm tired of antiques and wanted a change but these old relics were holding a ton of my quilt stuff which is now scattered all over the floor.  Clutter ruins my creativity and I must get organized! Ugh....And I want to paint...every wall!  I have all downstairs for sewing and quilting, this area used to be for my kids, their friends and parties but I really want to make this my space and would prefer a more sophisticated look.

Reader beware....the following pictures may be unsettling!  (It's definitely unsettling for me!)



Holy Cow!!! I've got a lot of work to do!!! :(   If your in the neighborhood come on over and let's paint! :)

Comments

  1. That monkey quilt is super cute. I'm impressed that you drew the monkey pattern yourself. I hope you can grab some spare moments to paint and organize. My messy sewing space is stressing me, and I don't even have the added chaos of getting rid of any furniture, so I'd imagine your itching to get reorganized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jessica! it's almost too overwhelming! but now that I've posted "before" pics I really need to complete the downstairs and post some "after" pics ;) Sue

      Delete

Post a Comment